Raven Help Forum  

Go Back   Raven Help Forum > Raven Pro > Raven - Help and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2018, 06:23 AM

Default powerspectrum

Hi,

I would like to know how to generate power spectrogram on Raven (A colleague uses the powerspectrum on avisoft.Thatīs where my question comes from.). For example, for an orca call, I am interested in knowing what is the power at different kHz, like where is the peak and where the power ends.)

Let me know if I didnīt make myself clear and happy to explain more. Thanks in advance for your sharing and thoughts!

Best,
Xi
Old 02-05-2018, 02:41 PM
Administrator

Default Re: powerspectrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiC View Post
Hi,

I would like to know how to generate power spectrogram on Raven (A colleague uses the powerspectrum on avisoft.Thatīs where my question comes from.). For example, for an orca call, I am interested in knowing what is the power at different kHz, like where is the peak and where the power ends.)

Let me know if I didnīt make myself clear and happy to explain more. Thanks in advance for your sharing and thoughts!

Best,
Xi
Hi Xi,

I think you will find that the "selection spectrum" view in Raven is similar to the "power spectrum" in Avisoft. You may also be interested in the Raven measurement feature, as described in Chapter 6 of the Raven Pro User's Manual, which you can find in the "Help" menu in Raven or at http://www.birds.cornell.edu/brp/rav...sersManual.pdf.

-Mike