Raven Help Forum  

Go Back   Raven Help Forum > Raven Pro > Raven - New Feature Requests
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2016, 03:30 PM

Default using raven 1.5 with windows 10

HI, My old xp laptop finally died and I had to get one running windows 10. I understand that some people have been able to run raven on windows 10 machines (64 bit). I was able to download and install, but the font size is too small to read. Installation instruction and the registration window were displayed extremely small even when maximized. Can anyone tell me how to increase the font size, otherwise the screens are not readable.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Default Re: using raven 1.5 with windows 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney Rountree View Post
HI, My old xp laptop finally died and I had to get one running windows 10. I understand that some people have been able to run raven on windows 10 machines (64 bit). I was able to download and install, but the font size is too small to read. Installation instruction and the registration window were displayed extremely small even when maximized. Can anyone tell me how to increase the font size, otherwise the screens are not readable.
Hi Rodney,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with Raven Pro 1.5 beta.

What you are observing isn't really about Windows 10, it's about the high-DPI display on your new computer. You should be able to improve the situation by changing Windows system settings. These two articles might be a good starting point:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/20985...-displays.html

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...-enhancements/

If you find some better articles, or if you find a better way of setting up Raven on your high-DPI display, please post them here so everyone can benefit.

-Mike
Old 02-09-2016, 10:45 AM

Hi, Thanks Mike your suggestions helped a bit. Your instructions were for windows 8.1. Windows 10 was a little different. It only has a slide bar to sizing text all other things. Recommended was 250 %, I increased to the max of 300% and that helped increase the size of the raven window (and helped with a lot of other programs too!). But unfortunately the text and buttons in the raven windows are too small to read and difficult to select with the cursor. I tried increasing the font size in a separate display settings window, but that does not seem to help. I'll keep looking for a solution and will post it if I find one.

Thanks again
Old 10-20-2017, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney Rountree View Post
Hi, Thanks Mike your suggestions helped a bit. Your instructions were for windows 8.1. Windows 10 was a little different. It only has a slide bar to sizing text all other things. Recommended was 250 %, I increased to the max of 300% and that helped increase the size of the raven window (and helped with a lot of other programs too!). But unfortunately the text and buttons in the raven windows are too small to read and difficult to select with the cursor. I tried increasing the font size in a separate display settings window, but that does not seem to help. I'll keep looking for a solution and will post it if I find one.

Thanks again
Hi Rodney,

Oracle recently released Java 9, which allows Raven Pro 1.5 and Raven Lite 2.0 to scale fonts appropriately on 4K monitors connected to Windows systems. If you'd like to install Java 9, go to

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...s-3848532.html

and select "Windows Offline".

-Mike
Old 10-25-2017, 10:11 PM

Hi, Thanks that did help, now if I change the display resolution to something lower I can see raven just fine. It reduced the overall window size, but at least I can read things and run programs.

I have not used it much yet (still running it on an old xp machine), but my initial trials seem ok.

Thanks again