Raven Help Forum  

Go Back   Raven Help Forum > Raven Pro > Raven - Help and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2017, 10:28 AM

Default Correct date/time in Raven Pro 1.5

I'm running a BLED detector on a large batch of files, each lasting approximately 2 hours. When I enter the date/time when opening the files, Raven assigns the date and time to all files as though they were each part of a 24-hour sequence. Instead of having 2-hour segments for 21 days, Raven is labeling them as 24-hour segments for 3 days (approximately). Is there a way around this so the date and time for each file is displayed correctly when I open all the files in order at once?
Thank you!
Old 08-11-2017, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Correct date/time in Raven Pro 1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmedford View Post
I'm running a BLED detector on a large batch of files, each lasting approximately 2 hours. When I enter the date/time when opening the files, Raven assigns the date and time to all files as though they were each part of a 24-hour sequence. Instead of having 2-hour segments for 21 days, Raven is labeling them as 24-hour segments for 3 days (approximately). Is there a way around this so the date and time for each file is displayed correctly when I open all the files in order at once?
Thank you!
Hi Allison,

You haven't provided many details, so let me see if I can deduce what your situation is. Your recording was recorded using a duty cycle, something like 2 hours on and 6 hours off, and you would like for Raven to display the real clock time. To achieve this, you are using the "Date and Time" tab in the "Configure New Sound Window" dialog to enable "Use clock-time axis labels" and to "Enter start time".

If I guessed correctly, then Raven has no way of knowing about your recording schedule. All it knows is the start time, and it's going to assume that you have a continuous recording starting at the date and time you entered. To inform Raven about the recording date-time of a sequence of audio files recorded on a duty cycle, you must "Read start time from file name". For more details, please see "Real Clock Times" in http://www.birds.cornell.edu/brp/rav....5Features.pdf.

Let us know how it goes!

-Mike