Raven Help Forum  

Go Back   Raven Help Forum > Raven Pro > Raven - Help and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2015, 02:30 PM

Default Raven 64 bit 1.5 Beta Wont Save Workspaces/Selection Tables Properly

I have the Raven 1.5 Beta (64 bit), and when I go to save a workspace it asks as usual if I'd like to save the selection table. When I hit yes, nothing happens except the spinning wheel of doom. If I go back up to the file menu, the 'save workspace' option is still highlighted as if it's still trying to save it. And if I try to select the 'save selection table' option, again nothing will happen except that both options will stay highlighted if the File drop down is revisited. I've left the computer alone for over an hour after asking to save the workspace to see if it was just being slow... nothing different.

Now let me be clear...it lets me go through the process of naming the workspace, and even lets me click the button to save it. That's when the selection table option comes up. So I figured, I'll just reopen the saved workspace (as it does show up where it's supposed to save automatically in raven), and I'll just save the table from there. Except, none of the saved workspaces will open. Instead I get the following message:

File Open Failed "C:\Users\username\Raven Pro 64 1.5\Workspaces\filename.wsp" is not a valid Raven Pro workspace.

I have checked to make sure my computer is running a 64 bit system, so I don't think that is it...but I guess I could try downloading the 32 bit version.

Suggestions? Don't want to keep loosing all my work!

Last edited by aceswim : 10-29-2015 at 02:56 PM.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Raven 64 bit 1.5 Beta Wont Save Workspaces/Selection Tables Properly

Just downloaded the 32 bit...everything is working just fine now...Very weird, since the tech service did verify that my computer is running a 64 bit Operating system...so I shouldn't have had any issues.

So I guess beware of the 64 bit software download!!!!
Old 10-29-2015, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Raven 64 bit 1.5 Beta Wont Save Workspaces/Selection Tables Properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceswim View Post
I have the Raven 1.5 Beta (64 bit), and when I go to save a workspace it asks as usual if I'd like to save the selection table. When I hit yes, nothing happens except the spinning wheel of doom. If I go back up to the file menu, the 'save workspace' option is still highlighted as if it's still trying to save it. And if I try to select the 'save selection table' option, again nothing will happen except that both options will stay highlighted if the File drop down is revisited. I've left the computer alone for over an hour after asking to save the workspace to see if it was just being slow... nothing different.

Now let me be clear...it lets me go through the process of naming the workspace, and even lets me click the button to save it. That's when the selection table option comes up. So I figured, I'll just reopen the saved workspace (as it does show up where it's supposed to save automatically in raven), and I'll just save the table from there. Except, none of the saved workspaces will open. Instead I get the following message:

File Open Failed "C:\Users\username\Raven Pro 64 1.5\Workspaces\filename.wsp" is not a valid Raven Pro workspace.

I have checked to make sure my computer is running a 64 bit system, so I don't think that is it...but I guess I could try downloading the 32 bit version.

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with Raven Pro.

I would guess that one of the tasks Raven has to perform when it is saving your workspace is overwhelming the computer resources that Raven has access to. Would you be willing what you are trying to accomplish in your analysis, and more of the details: the sample rate and number of channels in your recordings, name of measurements in your selection table, how many sounds in your workspace, your Maximum Heap Size (if you've changed it), etc?

-Mike
Old 10-29-2015, 03:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Just downloaded the 32 bit...everything is working just fine now...Very weird, since the tech service did verify that my computer is running a 64 bit Operating system...so I shouldn't have had any issues.

So I guess beware of the 64 bit software download!!!!
I'm glad things seem to be working now.

We have found no evidence of problems specific to the 64-bit Raven Pro 1.5 beta download, except for lack of Quicktime and ASIO support, which are not likely to affect your situation.

-Mike
Old 03-13-2017, 04:31 AM

Quote:

I am having this exact same problem with the 64 bit released version of Raven Pro 1.5.0 build 29 running Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 4. Do you have any thoughts on what might be going on?
Old 03-13-2017, 01:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarlew View Post
I am having this exact same problem with the 64 bit released version of Raven Pro 1.5.0 build 29 running Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 4. Do you have any thoughts on what might be going on?
Please send this as a tech support issue to raven_support@cornell.edu. I am anticipating that we might have some back and forth with details, which might not be of interest to Forum members. It would be helpful if you attached one of the problematic workspaces to the email when you send it. Once we resolve the problem, we can report back to the Forum.

Thank you for your patience.

-Mike