Raven Help Forum  

Go Back   Raven Help Forum > Raven Pro > Raven - Help and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2017, 11:05 AM

Default Detection results column "Reason"

Hello,
When the results chart displays the results of my detection the final column is headed "Reason". The information in each cell is either "Too Long", "Too Short" or "Detection". Am I correct in assuming that this means the referenced selection is either too long to fit my criteria, too short to fit my criteria or fits my criteria and so is counted as a detection?

If so, is there a way to exclude the "Too Long" and "Too Short" from the results? Also, is there a way to number each row independent from the selection number? I need to know how many "Detections" I have and as of now it means counting each one individually.

Thank you,
Adrienne
Old 05-22-2017, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Detection results column "Reason"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHopson View Post
Hello,
When the results chart displays the results of my detection the final column is headed "Reason". The information in each cell is either "Too Long", "Too Short" or "Detection". Am I correct in assuming that this means the referenced selection is either too long to fit my criteria, too short to fit my criteria or fits my criteria and so is counted as a detection?

If so, is there a way to exclude the "Too Long" and "Too Short" from the results? Also, is there a way to number each row independent from the selection number? I need to know how many "Detections" I have and as of now it means counting each one individually.

Thank you,
Adrienne
Hi Adrienne,

When using Raven's Band-Limited Energy Detector (BLED) in Interactive mode, selecting "Enable detector diagnostics" or "Enable Diagnostics" in the GUI causes detections to appear that would otherwise be eliminated because they are "too long", "too short", or "too sparse".

If you request it by emailing raven_support@cornell.edu, I would be happy to send you a BLED tips sheet and part of a PowerPoint presentation from one of our periodic Sound Analysis Workshops.

-Mike