Raven Help Forum  

Go Back   Raven Help Forum > Raven Pro > Raven - Help and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2017, 06:53 PM

Default Updates for R1.5

When I check for updates it says 'no new updates available' but I have 1.5 build 23 and I see on the website there is now a build 37. It's been checking for updates when I open it and seemingly not finding any. Any suggestions?
Old 06-27-2017, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Updates for R1.5

Hi Alan,

Raven Pro 1.5 users who do not have build 37 must re-install Raven Pro 1.5 to get it. Raven Pro 1.5 has undergone some major revisions in the past few months -- including many improvements and bug fixes -- and as a result the update path was broken. As you've already discovered, you can find what build of Raven Pro 1.5 you have by selecting "About Raven Pro" from the "Help" menu.

To install Raven Pro 1.5, please follow these steps in order:
  1. Download and open one of these Java 8 installers from Java Downloads:
    • Windows Offline - if you are installing 32-bit Raven Pro
    • Windows Offline (64-bit) - if you are installing 64-bit Raven Pro
    • Mac OS X
    • Linux x64
  2. Download a Raven Pro 1.5 installer by visiting the Raven homepage, click on "Raven Pro" in the top-right corner, and click on the "full download" link for your computer.
  3. Open the Raven Pro installer.
    • Windows tip: Install on the default path
    • Mac OS X tip: Install while logged in as an administrator
  4. Open Raven Pro.
  5. Copy the text of your Raven Pro serial number, and paste it into the Registration GUI.
  6. Click the Register button.
  7. Be sure to keep a copy of this email in case you ever need to re-install Raven!

If you have lost your Raven Pro serial number, you can email raven_support@cornell.edu to request it. Be sure to send sufficient identifying information: your full name, the email address you used to place your order, and anything that might be useful in finding your license record.

By the way, BRP offers a five-day introductory-level Sound Analysis Workshop featuring basic principles of spectrographic analysis and measurement of animal sounds, as well as specific tools and techniques in Raven Pro.

-Mike
Old 06-28-2017, 01:10 PM

Many thanks Mike - up & running again with new version.
alan
Old 07-20-2017, 10:50 AM

Mike- I seem to have a bit of an inconvenience with build 37 now I'm trying to use the new version. I can drag and drop .wav files onto the Raven desktop from two of my recording devices and they open straight away (via the 'Config New Sound Window' box).
When I try and D&D files from my Fostex field recorder it goes to the 'Config New Sound Window' and locks up Raven and the open Windows Explorer window (but not the mouse, nor some other actions in other windows). I have to go to Task Manager to End Raven.
I can't open the Fostex files from the file itself in Windows Explorer (Open With; Other App: Raven - this then asks for a SN & email, despite being done previously).
I CAN open the file from within Raven (Open Sound File; Config New Sound Window; this gives error message 'Raven Pro is unable to read and decode the entire file <filename>'; if I click on OK it goes ahead and opens the file perfectly.
Any suggestions? I've tried deleting the whole thing and reinstalling.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Mike- I seem to have a bit of an inconvenience with build 37 now I'm trying to use the new version. I can drag and drop .wav files onto the Raven desktop from two of my recording devices and they open straight away (via the 'Config New Sound Window' box).
When I try and D&D files from my Fostex field recorder it goes to the 'Config New Sound Window' and locks up Raven and the open Windows Explorer window (but not the mouse, nor some other actions in other windows). I have to go to Task Manager to End Raven.
I can't open the Fostex files from the file itself in Windows Explorer (Open With; Other App: Raven - this then asks for a SN & email, despite being done previously).
I CAN open the file from within Raven (Open Sound File; Config New Sound Window; this gives error message 'Raven Pro is unable to read and decode the entire file <filename>'; if I click on OK it goes ahead and opens the file perfectly.
Any suggestions? I've tried deleting the whole thing and reinstalling.
Hi Alan,

This sounds like a Raven tech support issue. Would you be up for copying and pasting this message, and sending it to raven_support@cornell.edu? If you were to attach or send a link to one of your problem Fostex files, that would help us troubleshoot.

Thank you!

-Mike
Old 07-21-2017, 01:49 PM

will do, thanks
a.