Raven Help Forum  

Go Back   Raven Help Forum > Raven Pro > Raven - Help and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2017, 10:42 AM

Default Missing detections of quieter songs

Hello,
I'm attempting to use BLED to find black-and-white warbler songs in recordings I collected this spring using your new SWIFT ARUs. The detector does a nice job finding louder songs sung close to the recorders, but it's missing a lot of quieter, more distant songs.

From what I've read in the software manual, I'm guessing that I need to adjust some of the signal-to-noise ratio parameters, which I've tried to do unsuccessfully.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you.

Justin
Old 09-13-2017, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Missing detections of quieter songs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Mann View Post
Hello,
I'm attempting to use BLED to find black-and-white warbler songs in recordings I collected this spring using your new SWIFT ARUs. The detector does a nice job finding louder songs sung close to the recorders, but it's missing a lot of quieter, more distant songs.

From what I've read in the software manual, I'm guessing that I need to adjust some of the signal-to-noise ratio parameters, which I've tried to do unsuccessfully.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you.

Justin
Hi Justin,

I am happy to hear that you find our new autonomous recording unit, the SWIFT, useful! For those in this Forum who are not familiar with the SWIFT, please refer to:

http://www.birds.cornell.edu/brp/swift/

I am not quite clear about kind of guidance you want. If you are asking for SWIFT support, please contact the support person listed in the link above.

If you are asking for Raven technical support, I am not aware that Raven Pro 1.4 or Raven Pro 1.5 have "signal-to-noise ratio parameters". I would invite you to clarify your question, and contact Raven technical support at raven_support@cornell.edu.

We look forward to hearing from you again, whatever your question!

-Mike